The gift giving season is quickly approaching!
In fact, some might even argue that if you’re reading this it’s too late. Nonetheless, I’ve decided to put together a list of 6 simple tips to help you save some money on your holiday shopping this year.
1. Subscribe to Store Email Lists. I usually shop in a lot of the same stores so I always sign up for their daily/weekly newsletters. Although they send out a lot of spam, they also offer coupons and invitations to some of their exclusive sales. In fact, that is how I found out about the infamous Suit Supply outlet sale that only happens once or twice a year!
2. Search for Coupon Codes on Google. Anytime I buy something online, I always do a quick google search for any coupons that might be available. At the very least, I always end up saving money on shipping!
3. Shopping in Outlet Malls. Outlet malls aren’t what they used to be. In the past, it was common to find a lot of great deals on clothes that were either returned or just overstock. However, times have changed and most brands actually make clothes just for their outlets such as J. Crew Factory and the Brooks Brothers Factory Outlet. However, you can definitely still find some great bargains from certain outlet stores like the Nike and Adidas Outlets!
4. Be Aware of the Return Policy: Most online stores offer free shipping both ways. However, sometimes you are responsible for covering the cost of returns. In some cases, they might even charge you for using their “prepaid” postage (and it pisses me off every time)!
Also, be on the lookout for “final sale” items because that’s just a nice way of saying you can’t return it.
5. Consignment shops and Thrift Stores. This can be a great way to save some money on your holiday shopping while providing a really unique and special gift. In fact, most consignment shops and thrift stores are revered for their one of a kind finds. Unfortunately, since most thrifted goods are usually lightly used, it might not be ideal for everyone. However, if you know the person well and know that they won’t mind, this can be a great way to save a few bucks on some rare and unique items.
6. Use a Rewards Credit Card. I use my rewards card for EVERYTHING because it offers a 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Now although 1.5% percent might seem small, it definitely adds up quickly over time, especially if you use it often.
I even pay my rent and other bills with my credit cards to help boost those rewards. In fact, I will actually be discussing some more money management tips at a later date so stay tuned.
That’s all I have for now but if you have any other helpful tips, please leave them in the comments below.
As always, thanks for reading!
The Dapper Advisor