It’s one thing to be stylish and well-dressed at all times. However, having a great sense of style without the personality to match can be detrimental. After all, it’s a fact that being well-dressed can open doors and even create a lot of opportunities. On the other hand, if you’re personality is lacking substance, it can close a lot of doors as well.
So here are 5 simple tips to help you become a more interesting person!
The Most Interesting Man In The World
1. Be A Good Listener. The most charming and captivating people are usually good listeners. People love to talk about themselves so just let the other person talk. Surprisingly, you can make a great first impression by saying very little!
2. Talk About The Other Person’s Interests. Ask people about their passions and what their hobbies are, then talk about that. If you’re familiar with the subject, the similarity will help you all bond even quicker. However, if you’re not you can simply ask them to explain and practice your listening skills. You might even learn something new!
3. Spend Time With Other Interesting People. Birds of a feather flock together. However, even though that saying is often conveyed as a negative, it can definitely be a good thing as well. By spending time with other interesting people you can learn some of their behaviors and eventually become a more interesting person!
4. Learn How To Tell A Good Story. You don’t necessarily need to be a great story teller like Dave Chappelle, but you should always have a story that entertains, informs, or engages the other person.
Also, it’s a fact that women are more attracted to a man that can tell a good story.
5. Don’t Be Afraid To Open Up. People connect quickly when they each share something personal. I’m not suggesting that you should divulge your deepest secrets, but simply sharing some of your hobbies and passions can show how interesting you are!
As always, thanks for reading!
The Dapper Advisor
Photography by A.P. Major