There is tons of competition when it comes to selling clothing online. The used clothing market is heavily saturated and there are new sellers popping up every day. However, if you follow these tips you will beat the competition and become a successful seller on any platform.
Especially on eBay and PoshMark!
Crush The Competition
1. The early bird gets the worm. This old adage is true and it definitely applies to the reselling business. The earlier that you’re able to hit up thrift stores, yard sales, garage sales, and estate sales, the better off you will become. Earlier in the day is the best time to find the newest inventory before the rest of the crowd gets there. Keep in mind, that if you’e a part time seller there are full-time sellers that pride themselves on getting in there early. Therefore, it’s best for you to do the same in order to be successful.
2. Become knowledgeable in several different categories. I primarily sell men’s and women’s clothing online. However, I quickly learned that in order to increase my earning potential I had to sell other items as well. As a result, I started selling everything from diabetic test strips to vintage cabbage patch dolls. Not only did this help me earn more money but it also encouraged me to learn about things that I wouldn’t usually be interested in.
3. Spot out the other resellers. In order to compete, you must first acknowledge your competition. Similar to how a coaching staff would watch film on the opposing team or how a fighter would analyze their opponent before a fight. In other words, you should spot out the other resellers so that you will know how maneuver around them. For instance, if a shoe reseller is in the thrift store with me, I won’t waste my time checking the shoes with them. Instead, I would focus my attention on the clothing or electronics and then look at the shoes later.
Check Out The Video Below
4. Focus on building relationships. Try to build a relationship with the thrift store staff or the people that are hosting the garage sale. This is important, because they are the ones that can put tell you about the newest inventory, any upcoming sales, and possibly give you a better deal!
Pro Tip: Don’t be corny and fake about it just be yourself!
5. Consistency is Key. This rule applies to life as well as the reselling business. Whether that means consistently educating yourself about new things to sell. Visiting different thrift stores several times a week, or just not giving up when times are rough.
I always say that there is always someone smarter than you, better looking, and has more money. But you should never let ANYONE out work you!
As always, thanks for reading and watching!
The Dapper Advisor