I’m so proud to announce that I will be a Change Makers 30 Under 30 Honoree for my work in Higher Education. In honor of this event celebrating it’s 5th year, I shared five reasons why this award is so important to me.
1. Responsibility. Being a 30 Under 30 honoree means that I have the responsibility to continue to push the culture forward and inspire change within my community.
2. Inspiring. I am even more inspired to continue to strive for excellence within my career. I always say that working in Higher Education is very rewarding especially when I see my students achieve great things and graduate, but this award makes it more personal and inspiring.
3. Mentoring. I know for a fact that I would not be in the position I am in today if I didn’t have the support and empowerment from my mentors. Therefore, being honored at this time means that I have to pay it forward and mentor another young man (or woman) and hopefully they will be one of next year’s Change Makers 30 Under 30 Honorees.
4. Education. Education has always been very important to me, so being honored for my commitment to the field is a wonderful thing and will only strengthen my passion for higher education and the concept of life-long learning.
5. I am in Good Company! The best part about receiving this honor is that I have the opportunity to meet some like minded individuals that are passionate about their careers and have made a commitment to create change within their community.
As always, thanks for reading and special thanks to Jamil Crews and his team for creating this event. For more information about this event or to purchase your ticket go to ChangeMakers30under30.com.