It’s that time of the year when every store is having their end of the season clearance sales. Now although this can be a perfect time to find some great pieces for only a fraction of the price, it can also be an easy way to waste some of your hard earned money!
Here are 5 reasons why you should just save your money and avoid those clearance sales.
1. You Already Own Something Similar. I tend to like a lot of the same of things, so sometimes I might see something on sale that’s very similar to something I already own, but I buy it anyway because it’s cheap. Don’t be like me, if you own something similar, there’s no need to buy another one!
2. It’s Not the Color you Really Want. Keep in mind that most items end up in clearance sales because it was the last available size or it was the least popular color. So don’t force yourself to buy it just because it’s the only available color.
3. It’s Too Damn Expensive. Even with the item being on sale, the promo code, and the free-shipping, it’s still too damn expensive. In fact, some stores try to trick you and raise the price before they put it on sale.
4. Starting a New Fitness Routine? If you’re consistent and eat right, you will definitely need to change your wardrobe. Either your gains will make your clothes too small or your weight loss will make everything too big.
5. Final Sale. Usually you have the option to return or exchange something if you experience buyers remorse. However, that’s not the case with final sale items because if it doesn’t fit right or if you just don’t like it anymore, that’s your problem now!
As always, thanks for reading and shop smart!
The Dapper Advisor